Hi, my name is Jane Ward and I am the Suburban Herbalist, a Medical Herbalist located in Upminster, Essex.
I see clients from my base at The Upminster Sanctuary which offers a calm and relaxing atmosphere for your treatment.
Herbal medicine refers to using a plant’s seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark or flowers for medicinal purposes. It is also called botanical medicine or phytomedicine.
Herbalism has a long tradition of use outside of conventional medicine but it is becoming more mainstream. Improvements in analysis and quality control along with advances in clinical research show the value of herbal medicine in treating and preventing disease.
Herbalists treat a variety of physical conditions, illnesses and allergies through the holistic use of plants in conjunction with medical knowledge.
Conditions seen in clinic
- Skin conditions: eczema, psoriasis, acne vulgaris, acne rosacea
- Endocrine conditions: fertility, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, benign prostatic hypertrophy, diabetes, thyroid disorders
- Autoimmune conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, addison’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Gut conditions: gord, ibs, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer disease
- Cardiovascular conditions: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart failure
- Nervous system conditions: stress, anxiety, depression, migraine, carpal tunnel
- Respiratory conditions: hay fever, asthma, coughs and colds
- Musculoskeletal conditions: arthritis (eg osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis), systemic sclerosis
- Infections: lyme disease
- Cancer support: nausea, difficulty sleeping and skin reactions from chemotherapy and radiotherapy
This list is by no means exhaustive. Herbal medicine is suitable for almost any condition you would visit your doctor with.
Get in touch
If you have any questions regarding herbal medicine or would like to know more about how herbal medicine could help you.
- Call me on 07758 295233
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org